Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Social Networking...

In case you haven't noticed, there's this hip new thing all the kids are doing, it's called social networking. Ah, it's not that new, it goes back as far as websites like Bolt.com. Friendster, Myspace, and now Facebook is at the top of the heap.

I'm not a Myspace fan, I read the Terms and Conditions, that space isn't really mine, it's theirs. I haven't gotten into Facebook really, I'm worried it will turn into Myspace... I'm kinda into Orkut. Orkut is basic social networking provided by my favorite company in the world, Google.

It's not as flashy as Myspace, which is good, if I click your picture, it means I want to see your profile, I don't want to sit for half an hour while all your stupid songs, animations, music videos, movie clips, and backgrounds load. Have you ever tried to read a good book during an acid trip? It's just like Myspace.

The only issue is Orkut isn't heavily populated, and I rather like it. Anybody else try it out yet? What do you think of it?

I think it's clean, user friendly, and easy to navigate. It's there to get the job done really. If anyone has Orkut or has feedback on Orkut I'd like to hear about it in the comments section.

No comments: