Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Beta Blogging

Wow, so it's been awhile since I've posted. Let's see, not too much has been going on. I got a Wii... woohoo! It's seriously a ton of fun, probably the best $250 I've ever spent. I have Wii Play and Zelda Twilight Princess. Zelda is a must buy for anyone with a Wii. I also downloaded Ocarina of Time for it, but haven't had much of a chance to check it out.

My Wii has been set aside for the time being however, as I've been fragging it up in the Halo 3 Beta. I definitely think it lives up to the hype... mostly. Remember the beautiful trailer we saw? The one made with the game engine, and we were promised the game would look as good, if not better, than the trailer? Well, multiplayer doesn't look quite that good, but it's still pretty.

I think the hard thing about making sequels to a game like Halo 2 is that it's mostly polish. Halo 2 was a gorgeous game, and even by todays standards looks pretty nice. But they have topped it. Everything looks nicer, everything is crisp, and the new gadgets kick ass.

However, there is this irritating push-to-talk feature. You have to tap the directional pad to talk, which is a royal pain in the ass, in most games, you just talk and people hear you, which is a wonderful convenience.

It's still a few months off from launch day... speaking of launch day, I'd LOVE to be able to get the Legendary Edition of Halo 3, but I don't have $130. And there's no way I can convince anyone in my family that my love for Halo is worth that much money. If I'm lucky I can scrape together enough money to get the special edition, if not, I'll go for the regular old one with no extra goodies.

Soooo... what's going on here at home. We have a kitchen table now, it's small and nice, it's one of those leaf tables, which makes it nice if anyone comes over. The plants we're growing on the balcony are actually plants no, which is great because we're growing herbs. We've got Oregano, Mint, Parsley, Chives, and some giant plant that we don't know what it is. Also on the balcony is my grill. My friend gave it to me for free, and I've been grilling burgers like it's nobody's business.

Oh yeah, I'm such a nerd that I ordered an ocarina, not just any ocarina, but a replica of the Ocarina of Time from... Ocarina of time... wow, redundant. It's actually VERY easy to play and sounds great. The only part that's a bit hard is actually remembering the songs. There's a huge database online of songs to play using diagrams of the ocarina, as opposed to reading sheet music. I can't read sheet music, so those diagrams are a Godsend.

Well, in closing, I'm a geek, I haven't updated lately, and I'm out of money.

No comments: