Thursday, April 19, 2007

Busy busy busy.

Wow, so I got a new couch.. woohoo!!! And I've been enjoying internet and cable tv, even though I have a horrendous upload... but I'm stuck with cable internet, since the local DSL places are a ripoff. DSL does NOT require a landline phone service, but all of them here do... just to get more money.

Also there's Virginia Tech, my heart goes out to the victims and their families. My heart almost goes out to the killer, almost. I say that because it's sad that he did it, and it's sad that he died. But he's a coward, he took his own life... he must have had some mental issues, or was just a sissy. Be pissed at me all you like about what I say, but it's true. Anyone who feels that killing people and then themselves is the only way out isn't strong enough to go through life. If he wanted to hurt people, he could've killed himself, that would've hurt his friends and family, but no, he had to senselessly go after others.

What's worse is that as soon as this attack hit the news, crackpot lawyer Jack Thompson was on the case. For those who don't keep up in the video gaming world, Jack Thompson, known to gamers as Thumper, came out saying he "trained" on violent video games such as Grand Theft Auto. Give me a break. He stated this before the killer was even identified. Come to find out, the kid didn't even own a damn video game at all.

Supposedly he did play Counter Strike in high school, which is a violent game, it's a counter-terrorist game... sure there's lots of guns and killing, but the point is counter terrorism. It's not doing the kind of thing this punk did at VTech. He also apparently hasn't played since high school.

Jack Thompson says this can't be true, claiming you don't just stop "training". I wish he'd stop calling it training. It's not training... if I play Madden NFL 07 for a lengthy period of time, it's not going to make me a great football player, much like Project Gotham Racing 3 will not improve my driving abilities. I've run the gamut of videogames, and not one has made me any better in real life of the games subject matter. I can't imagine myself killing someone, let alone a large group of people. The game didn't do it, the gun didn't do it, the person did it.

When will people wake up and blame the one committing the crime?

I'm just tired of this crap. Even Dr. Phil has jumped on the anti-videogame bandwagon. He reaches a MUCH larger audience than Thumper. And people will instantly believe Dr. Phil, c'mon, he has his own damn TV show, he HAS to be right! Well he's not.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on Jack Thompson ruining his own "career". If you'd like to contact him to ask some questions, ridicule him, or just get some hilarious babbling quotes, he can be reached using the information below.

John B. Thompson, Attorney at Law
1172 South Dixie Hwy., Suite 111
Coral Gables, Florida 33146

Office: 305-588-3005
Personal: 305-666-4366
Email: jackpeace@comcast.net

No comments: