Monday, March 12, 2007

Tomorrow

I thought this up on the fly, and put it on myspace when my daughter, Olivia, was about to turn 5 months old. I'm thoroughly enjoying the blogspot experience, so I thought I'd put it here. I'd like to ask that anyone who wishes to use this publicly to request my permission, I'm not asking for credit or fame or anything, I just don't want people stealing this.

Today I'm changing diapers and holding your bottle, watching your little hands hold my finger, and feeling a warmth inside every time you smile. Tomorrow you'll be blowing out your first candle, taking your first step, and saying your first words. Tomorrow I'll let go of the seat, and you'll be doing it by yourself. Tomorrow I'll cry on your first day of school. Tomorrow I'll take you to your first sleepover. Tomorrow you'll be in my lap, helping me drive. I'm going to be scared and proud when you get your drivers license tomorrow. Tomorrow you'll hate me, because I grounded you... I'll hate myself, because I angered you enough to make you say such hurtful things. Tomorrow I'll be the proudest parent ever when you walk across the stage in your cap and gown. Tomorrow I'll tell you to call me everyday from college. Tomorrow you'll send me pictures of my grandchildren, and tell me you're starting to understand all that I did. Tomorrow I'll write a letter: "Do not mourn my loss, I'm in a better place, I'm in your heart forever. Love-Daddy". Tomorrow you will cry over me, but yesterday, I cried when you were born.
By Me

No comments: