Monday, August 13, 2007

Finish It...

... The fight, that's right, Finish the Fight. That's what we're going to be doing anyways. When Halo 3 hits store shelves, if it even has time to actually hit the shelves, we'll be finishing the fight we started a few years back with Halo for the Xbox.

There is more hype to this game than any other before it. Microsoft claims it's no longer competing with other video games with this upcoming release, it's now competing with movies. If you think about it, it's true. Mountain Dew has released a limited edition flavor called Game Fuel, complete with Master Chief (the series main character) plastered all over. Doritos is in on the marketing, 7-11, Burger King, Pontiac(that's right, Pontiac, dishing out a Halo 3 limited edition GS GXP Street Car), video game retailers... oh wait, the list continues. There is a Halo 3 designed Xbox 360 console, limited edition controllers designed by Todd McFarlane, wireless headsets for the Xbox 360, accessory/game cases, Xbox Live subscription cards, a limited edition Zune media player, clothing... it's insane!

Then there's the game itself. You could be an average joe and get the game, that will set you back $60. There's also the limited edition, comes in a metal case, has a bonus DVD, includes a nifty little booklet of creatures in the game, that's $70. But if you wanna be the coolest kid at your LAN parties, you need the Legendary Edition.

The Legendary Edition of Halo 3 includes the game (duh), bonus behind the scenes goodies, original scenes from Halo and Halo 2 remastered for High Definition, a digital bestiary, and all these disks sit in a scale replica of the Master Chief's helmet. No, you can't wear this helmet, even though we all want to, but it just may fit on a cat, which would still look cool.

I've reserved my copy of the standard edtion of the game. Yup, I'm an average joe, if I can find a way to get the Legendary Edition and still be able to eat, I will. However, I think I can swing for the limited edition, an extra $10 isn't bad.

I'm starting to get caught up in the hype. I can't wait, my friend and I are playing through Halo at the moment, then we'll move on to Halo 2, after which we may watch all of Red vs Blue.

Whew, I'm getting excited talking about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some Covenant to kill!

No comments: